MegaMillions Numbers for Texas
Check the latest live Texas MegaMillions numbers plus results from the six prior draws. For complete details on the payouts and prizes from the most recent draw, hit the “View Prize Payout” button below. This legendary lottery features a $20 million starting jackpot that keeps growing until it's won. On this page, you'll also find information on how to play, the Megaplier option, plus the nine prize levels and odds of winning.
View Prize Payout for October 4th
Players have two chances to win every week, with draws on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 10:00 pm CT. Texas was the second state to offer MegaMillions (after Washington), joining in 2003. The iconic game is available in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
The highest-ever MegaMillions jackpot was an amazing $1.537 billion, won by a player in South Carolina on October 23, 2018. The winner waited until March 2019 to claim the prize anonymously.
The biggest MegaMillions win in Texas was $225 million ($157.0 million cash option) on September 24, 2019 - an anonymous player in Leander, Texas scored the amazing prize.
How to Play
Just follow the steps below to start playing. Players must be age 18 or above to participate. Want some ideas for your numbers? Check out Mega Millions Smartpicks for the top hot and cold numbers.
- Pick five white ball numbers from 1 to 70, and a gold Mega Ball number from 1 to 25. It costs $2 to play. To get started faster, just mark the Quick Pick (QP) box and the lottery computer will generate your numbers (you can select Quick Pick for just the white balls, just the Mega Ball, or both).
- For $1 more per play, add Megaplier to multiply any win below the jackpot by 2, 3, 4 or 5X.
- To play your numbers up to 10 times in a row, mark how many draws to enter in the "Multi-Draw" area.
- Choose cash or annuity. If you score the top prize, you can opt for the full amount as an annuity (one initial payment followed by 29 annual installments that increase in value), or the smaller cash option (a single lump sum payment of the amount in the prize pool).
- Purchase your tickets before the draw break at 9:45 pm CT on game nights - ticket sales are paused until after the draw. The draw itself is held at 10:00 pm.
- Are you a MegaMillions winner? Match all six numbers to take home the jackpot. Visit this page after the draw to check your numbers.
Megaplier is an optional add-on for your ticket that increases the value of any non-jackpot prize you win. Megaplier costs an extra $1 per play.
A Megaplier number from 2 to 5 is drawn on each MegaMillions draw night. If you hit a prize below the jackpot, its value will be multiplied by the Megaplier number drawn. For example, if 5X is drawn, the $1 million second prize becomes $5 million.
Did you know that Megaplier started in the Lone Star State? It proved so popular that all jurisdictions except California now offer it. Megaplier continues to be drawn by the Texas Lottery, which also retains the trademark.
Just the Jackpot
A "Just the Jackpot" MegaMillions ticket option is available in Texas. Players get two chances to win the top prize for $3.00. Just the Jackpot only gives you a shot at hitting the grand prize; you cannot win any other prizes. Megaplier does not apply to a Just the Jackpot play.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
Hit the jackpot if you match all six winning numbers. However, with a total of nine ways to win a prize, MegaMillions offers plenty of exciting payouts, including a $1 million prize for matching the five main numbers.
Check the prize amounts and chances of winning below. The overall odds of winning a Mega Millions prize are 1 in 24.
Scroll down for details on how the Megaplier option can increase the value of a win.
|5 + Mega Ball||1 in 302,575,350||Jackpot|
|5||1 in 12,607,306||$1,000,000|
|4 + Mega Ball||1 in 931,001||$10,000|
|4||1 in 38,792||$500|
|3 + Mega Ball||1 in 14,547||$200|
|3||1 in 606||$10|
|2 + Mega Ball||1 in 693||$10|
|1 + Mega Ball||1 in 89||$4|
|Mega Ball||1 in 37||$2|
Megaplier Prizes and Odds of Winning
For an additional $1 per play, Megaplier multiplies any prizes below the jackpot by up to 5X, depending on which number is drawn. Overall odds of winning are 1 in 24.
|5||1 in 12,607,306||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|4 + Mega Ball||1 in 931,001||$20,000||$30,000||$40,000||$50,000|
|4||1 in 38,792||$1,000||$1,500||$2,000||$2,500|
|3 + Mega Ball||1 in 14,547||$400||$600||$800||$1,000|
|3||1 in 606||$20||$30||$40||$50|
|2 + Mega Ball||1 in 693||$20||$30||$40||$50|
|1 + Mega Ball||1 in 89||$8||$12||$16||$20|
|Mega Ball||1 in 37||$4||$6||$8||$10|